Please only apply with experience and/or interest in interior design. Current interior design students (juniors and seniors) plus recent graduates are strongly encouraged to apply!
Our team tackles a variety of staging projects around the entire state of New Jersey. We have worked hard over the past 5 years to acquire a strong reputation with the real estate community to provide high-quality staging services quickly and efficiently. We are seeking an intern with a desire to expand on their knowledge of interior design with real-life proposals for both vacant and furnished home stagings.
A typical day will include driving to a new opportunity, possibly meeting with the owners to discuss their needs, taking comprehensive photos of each room/environment, and preparing a detailed overview of potential furnishings based on our wide warehouse selection of furniture and accessories. After consulting with our lead designer on the final details, you may also be asked to help oversee the installation of the pieces with the crew on the staging day, as well as supervise the “de-stage” roughly 2 months later. Another key aspect to this role will involve working from your own computer at home on design mockups for virtual stagings.
- Strong attention to detail with a keen design eye for fitting furniture into awkward spaces without always needing to measure for accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, and/or Adobe Illustrator to prepare design proposals and layouts.
- Superior photography skills using DSLR cameras.
- Access to your own vehicle (mileage reimbursement available).
- Proven ability to work efficiently in a small team environment, and have a positive work ethic.
- Reliability on dates committed to work. Flexible schedules are okay as we can work around your school schedule if applicable.
This paid internship is part-time. Compensation will be hourly. Industry connections and a strong reference letter may be provided at the end of internship (based on successful placement).
Please email us with your resume, availability and time commitment, plus a brief description of why you would be a good match for our interior design internship. Portfolio and photo samples a plus!